Airtasker offers a free dispute service, but it is strongly recommended to try and resolve your differences directly with the other party first before we can assist. We have some helpful tips below:
To help prevent communication from breaking down, keep communication lines open. Be straightforward, concise, and honest in your messaging.
- Be clear in your communication (don’t be afraid to double-check details such as the date/time if you’re not sure).
- Be aware of your tone over messages - things written can come across differently than you intended.
- Try to reply to messages as quickly as you can - this helps reduce tension.
- If you feel the task isn't going well, talk to the other person about it. Discussing what is happening when it is happening can prevent complications later.
- Keep communication through Airtasker (with private messaging) as much as possible.
- If you’ve made a mistake, give a genuine apology so you can move forward.
- If the communication becomes heated, reach out to us and we can communicate on your behalf.
- Wait a long time to respond to messages. The other person might assume you don’t want to continue and try to cancel.
- Be rude or disrespectful in your messaging. Poor behavior never helps and can lead to your account being limited (or in some cases, deactivated). Please refer to our Community Guidelines for more information.
- Respond badly to feedback. Try not to take any feedback from the other person to heart and try to learn from the experience next time.
Fair payment is important for both parties, so we understand that you can be concerned about payment if things aren’t going to plan. One benefit of using Airtasker is that the task payment is held securely in Airtasker Pay. If something goes wrong, there are still options for fair payment.
- Keep task payment on Airtasker Pay
Be respectful of the other person’s situation. Taskers should be clear about what’s included in their offer, and customers should think about what expenses go along with the work.
Suggest different payment amounts if the task scope changes.
- Negotiate payment outside of Airtasker, unless it’s for an explicitly confirmed expense recognized by our Payment Guidelines.
- Try to cancel the whole task in favor of paying cash. You won’t have the benefit of insurance or the dispute resolution service.
In order to resolve issues in the quickest time possible, it is important to communicate with other member. If you’ve already tried these tips and haven’t come to a resolution within 48 hours, please read through Airtasker’s dispute process.