We understand that sometimes tasks can get complicated. While rare, disputes on Airtasker can happen. Disputes generally happen when Job Posters and Taskers miscommunicate or tasks don't go to plan.
Airtasker provides a free dispute service for Job Posters and Taskers. This dispute process can help you negotiate and come to an agreement. The process has 4 stages;
Step 1 - Reach out to the Poster
- Before we can help, you need to try and resolve your differences with the Job Poster directly.
- If you’re not able to agree after 48 hours, please let us know here.
- For more information about reaching out to the Poster and coming to an agreement, please read here
Step 2 - Let Airtasker know what’s happened
- If you can’t agree with the Job Poster, we can help you communicate with them.
- We'll provide you with a form and give us all the details on what’s happened.
Step 3 - Mediation with Airtasker Support
- You and the Job Poster will share your own thoughts on the task and hear where the other person is coming from.
- You will have 3 opportunities to suggest new payment amounts.
- We will act as an impartial facilitator of your offers.
- An agreement has to be reached for payment to be released.
Step 4 - Airtasker's solution
- If you can’t agree with the Job Poster after the mediation process has finished, we will make a decision.
- The decision will be based on the details that you’ve shared.
- A detailed reasoning for the decision will be provided.
- If you don’t agree with the recommendation, you can take the matter to your local court of tribunal at your own cost.
For a task to be considered for Airtasker’s dispute process, please make sure you’ve;
- Started and tried to complete the task
- Aligned with Airtasker's Community Guidelines
We fully understand that being in a dispute can be a stressful experience. We’re here to help you and the Job Poster to negotiate your own resolution as much as possible.