Just so you know, this information applies within Australia ONLY.
What is the Police Check Badge, and how do I get one?
If you are based in Australia, you can add a Police Check Badge to your Airtasker profile to improve your chances of being assigned tasks. The application process involves obtaining an ACIC Police Check through our verifications provider, who will report whether you have any Disclosable Court Outcomes on your record.
What are the criteria for receiving the Badge?
To receive the Police Check Badge, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must not have a Disclosable Court Outcome (i.e. a clean police history check) as notified by our verifications provider.
- Your name and date of birth details on Airtasker must match those provided for the police check.
If your Airtasker account details do not match those returned by the verification provider, you will be notified via email to update your account details. If you have a Disclosable Court Outcome, the verifications provider will contact you directly, and Airtasker will not be notified of the result. We will not display the badge on your profile.
What is a Disclosable Court Outcome?
A Disclosable Court Outcome means that, following an Australian police history check, an individual has a record in their police history, which can be released to the organization that requested the check. Disclosable Court Outcomes may include court convictions, findings of guilt with no conviction, court appearances, good behaviour bonds or other court orders, matters awaiting a court hearing, and traffic offences.
Is there an application fee?
Yes, there is a $39 non-refundable application fee for new and renewed Police Check Badge applications.
Click this link to apply for the Police Check Badge. You will receive an email with an invitation to apply for the badge.
How long can the police check badge be displayed?
The Police Check Badge can only be displayed on your profile for a maximum of 12 months. After 12 months, to continue displaying the badge, we’ll help arrange another Police Check application for you.
What if I already have my own Police Check?
At this stage, Airtasker cannot accept police checks other than those completed in our Police Check Badge process.
When will I receive my Police Check Badge?
Our verifications provider will send you a digital copy of your certificate if you have no disclosable court outcomes. Airtasker will also be notified of the result. Once we receive the result from our verifications provider, we will add the Police Check Badge to your profile, and our team will inform you.
- Once a Police Check Badge is added to your profile, you can no longer edit your name and date of birth details.
- Airtasker reserves the right to amend or remove the Police Check Badge from a member’s profile at any time.
- The accuracy and quality of the National Police History Check depend on the accurate identification of the Applicant (including aliases), the information provided in the application form, and the comprehensiveness of police records.
- A Police Check differs from a Working with Children/Vulnerable People Check. These types of checks must be obtained directly by the individual where required.