A detailed task description helps Taskers understand your needs better so they can make the best offer possible. If there's any need for you to update the specified requirements on a task, this article will guide you with everything you need to know about making changes to tasks.
How do I edit a task?
If you've posted a task and would like to edit it before you choose a Tasker, simply follow the steps:
- Go to the task page.
- Under the task price, click More Options and then Edit Task.
- Follow the prompts and fill out all the required information.
For tips on how to create a good task description, check this link.
How do I reschedule a task?
To reschedule a task after it’s assigned, go to the task page and select Reschedule.
You will then be prompted to:
- Select the new date and preferred time for the task to be completed by
- Press Submit
The other member will then be notified of the proposed new date and time. To know more about how rescheduling works, you can check this link.
What happens if my task is overdue and I need an extension?
If you're anticipating that the task won't be completed by the due date, we encourage you to discuss this with the other member. If you have both agreed to extend the due date, you can reschedule the task. Once you have both agreed on a new date and time, the task will be updated with the revised details.
How can I increase the task price once assigned?
Once an offer has been accepted, either the Poster or Tasker can request to increase the task price. Check out our full article here for more information about increasing the task price and how to do it.
The task is marked as complete, can the price still be increased?
Only a Poster can increase the price after the task has been marked as completed. They can do this by selecting the Increase Price option on the task page. If you’re a Tasker and forgot to request an increase before marking the task as completed, see our handy article here for more information.
How do I decrease the task price?
You can still decrease the task price even if the task is already marked as assigned or completed - but there are things that you need to do first:
- Discuss with the other party and come to an agreement on a new price. Both parties must agree to decrease the price via Airtasker private messages and explicitly state the new amount.
- Contact Airtasker once both parties have written that they agree to a decrease in the task price and state what the new amount should be.
- Airtasker will adjust the price on the system accordingly.
The new amount should be inclusive of Airtasker fees to avoid confusion and must be rounded to the nearest dollar.
Please note: we won't be able to adjust the task price until both parties have confirmed that they're happy to lower the task price and explicitly stated the new amount.
How do I add photos to a task?
Adding photos to your task will help Taskers assess what needs to be done. You can add photos even if the task is already posted by following the below steps:
- Go to "My Tasks"
- Select the task where you’d like to add a photo
- Click "Add attachments"
- Attach the photo
- Your picture will then be added and viewable publicly. Remember that photo attachment should be in line with the Community Guidelines.
You can also share photos via private messages once the task is assigned. Do this by selecting the “Add attachments” button next to the message field in a task.
How do I cancel a task?
In some cases, you may need to cancel your task instead of making changes. To request a cancellation, follow the below steps:
- Go to "My Tasks"
- Select the task
- Select "More Options"
- Select "Cancel Task"
- You will then be guided through the cancellation process.
For more information about cancellations, see our list of articles here.