Just so you know, this information applies within the United Kingdom ONLY.
What is the Police Check Badge and how do I get one?
If you are based in the United Kingdom, you can add a Police Check Badge to your Airtasker profile to improve your chances of being assigned tasks. The check requires the applicant to complete a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Right To Work check and is carried out by our 3rd party verification provider, Sterling RISQ.
What are the criteria for receiving the Badge?
To receive the Police Check Badge, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have no unspent convictions and conditional cautions (i.e. no criminal record) as verified by our 3rd party verification provider.
- Your name and date of birth details on Airtasker must match those provided for the police check.
Note: If your Airtasker account details do not match those returned by the verification provider, you will be notified via email to update your account details. If you have unspent convictions and conditional cautions, the verifications provider will contact you directly, and Airtasker will not be notified of the result. We will not display the badge on your profile.
What are unspent convictions and conditional cautions?
Unspent convictions and conditional cautions mean that, following a police history check, an individual has a record in their police history, which can be released to the organisation that requested the check. Unspent convictions and conditional cautions may include court convictions, findings of guilt with no conviction, court appearances, good behaviour bonds or other court orders, matters awaiting a court hearing, and traffic offences.
Is there an application fee?
Yes, please see the table below:
If you want to apply, please click on the link below based on where you live.
|Where Do You Live?
|Police Check Badge Cost
|How To Apply?
|England & Wales
|£46.12 (incl. VAT)
|Click Here To Apply
|£43.72 (incl. VAT)
|Click Here To Apply
Not currently available
How long can the police check badge be displayed?
The Police Check Badge can only be displayed on your profile for a maximum of 12 months. After 12 months, to continue displaying the badge, you will need to re-apply.
What if I already have my own Police Check?
At this stage, Airtasker cannot accept police checks other than those completed in our Police Check Badge process.
When will I receive my Police Check Badge?
Our verifications provider will send you a digital copy of your certificate if you have no unspent convictions and conditional cautions. Airtasker will also be notified of the result. Once we receive the result from our verifications provider, we will add the Police Check Badge to your profile, and our team will inform you.
- Once a Police Check Badge is added to your profile, you can no longer edit your name and date of birth details.
- Airtasker reserves the right to amend or remove the Police Check Badge from a member’s profile at any time.
- The accuracy and quality of the Police History Check depend on the accurate identification of the Applicant (including aliases), the information provided in the application form, and the comprehensiveness of police records.