If things haven’t gone to plan on your task, we understand that you might want to cancel it. Here we have compiled some common issues you might have experienced, and suggestions of what you should do before requesting a cancellation.
Communication plays an important role in having a great task experience. Both parties are expected to communicate often and well to help ensure everything will run smoothly. Some common scenarios that lead to task cancellations are below and clicking the link takes you to what you can do in those situations.
- Tasker is not responding to messages or a delay in response
- Conflict of schedule between you and the tasker
- You found someone else outside Airtasker to complete the task
- You don’t need the task done anymore
- Tasker did not show up
- Tasker is asking for more than the assigned task price
- Tasker doesn’t have the skills/tools/materials needed to complete the task
- Misunderstanding/Misalignment of the scope of the task
- Uncontrollable situations such as emergencies, weather conditions etc.
The quality of work is not satisfactory
Sometimes, the outcome may not meet your expectations. It can be a result of poor communication, not setting expectations or it could also be that the Tasker is not skilled to perform the task.
If the Tasker has partially completed the task or completed the task in full but failed to meet your expectations, they may be entitled to partial payment in recognition of their time and effort. For more information, see our article here.
For more information on cancellations, please see our range of helpful articles here.
Your Safety is important to us
We know how important it is for you to feel safe when completing your task.
If you find yourself in a situation where the other user is behaving inappropriately or you feel uncomfortable continuing with a task, you should let us know. Your concerns will be taken seriously and our Member Safety team is here to help. For more information, click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.