Write a detailed task description
When you’re posting your task, make sure to write a detailed and honest description of what you need completed.
Unclear descriptions are hard for Taskers to understand what you need done or what to write in their offer. This can lead to disagreements or even a dispute if you're not on the same page.
- Include as much detail as you can. Include photos, measurements, sizes, model/serial numbers etc.
- Write down everything you want done
- If it needs to be done urgently, let them know when you need it done
- Be up front about what you want - what would the completed task look like? Will Taskers understand what you need done?
- Don’t be dishonest about the size of the task. If the task is bigger than described the Tasker might not be able to complete it or they may ask for a higher amount to complete the task.
Asking questions is a great way to make sure you’re both on the same page about the task. This is a huge help in making sure that you get done what you want done. This is especially important when selecting the right Tasker for your task.
- Open questions such as “What tools will you bring??”
- To see provide samples of their work If there are any extra costs (e.g. materials)
- For their contact details without assigning them to the task first. If the task is done off Airtasker, we won’t be able to assist you with payment if something goes wrong.
Select the right Tasker for your task
After you post a task on Airtasker, you might start getting a number of offers from a range of Taskers. When this happens, sometimes it can be hard to know which is the best Tasker for your task.
- Check their profile - do they have the right experience for your task?
- Read their previous reviews
- Look at their completion rate
- If your task requires a qualified tradesperson (e.g. electrical work), check if they have a badge
- Don’t assign a Tasker without asking them questions such as “Have you done this kind of work before?”
- Don’t choose a Tasker you don’t feel is the best fit for your task.
We hope these tips will help you get more done easily and quickly! If you have any more suggestions on how to prevent disputes occurring on Airtasker, please let us know! Your feedback and insights are always appreciated.