What do I need to do?
- You and the Job Poster have 3 opportunities to suggest a payment amount that you think is fair.
- You and the Job Poster need to agree on the payment amount.
- You’re encouraged to ask questions and understand where the other person is coming from.
What can I expect?
- Airtasker will be acting as an impartial facilitator of your offers through email.
- Both you and the Job Poster need to agree on the payment amount for payment to be released. The payment will be held securely until you’ve agreed.
Tips for success
- Having a flexible approach is important to reach a resolution. While you might not get exactly what you want, consider what outcome you can live with.
- Responding promptly to emails and offers helps the situation get resolved faster.
- Mediation is about negotiation. Try to put yourself in the Job Poster's shoes and understand their perspective.
- We understand that disputes can be stressful. Respectful behaviour is essential during the dispute process. Following Airtasker’s Community Guidelines is also incredibly important for the dispute process to continue.
How long will this take?
- This should last no longer than 7 days
If this doesn’t work, what happens next?
- If you and the Job Poster haven’t agreed after 3 offers or 7 days (whichever comes first), Airtasker will make a recommendation.