To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
1. Tasks must be legal
Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts is strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated and will be removed.
2. Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in the furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia are prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of Airtasker.
3. No escort or adult services
Escort and adult services tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes tasks or comments that are obscene or sexually explicit in nature. Posting Massage tasks is also not supported.
4. No cash-based task
Tasks that ask someone to withdraw cash, buy gift cards or vouchers, buy any type of currency including cryptocurrency, or send money via methods like direct bank transfers or PayPal or any transactions that are similar in substance to any of the foregoing are strictly prohibited.
5. Clear scope, time and budget required
To help Taskers know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget. This will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
- Scope: The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need to be done. Adding as much information as possible helps the Tasker understand expectations.
- Time: Please mention clearly whether the task can be completed on a specific day or if you are flexible.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. Airtasker does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated if found to be
6. Task-based posts
The Airtasker marketplace is a task-based platform that encourages you to outsource all the weird and quirky things you might need to do on any given day. However, there are a few types of tasks that are not supported to maintain the integrity of the platform.
Tasks that are deceitful in nature are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting fake business reviews, social media likes and follows.
- Example 1: Sasha posted a task asking Taskers to leave 5-star reviews on her company's website and Facebook page. Sasha's task was immediately cancelled by Airtasker and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
Academic activities and assignment-based tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to completing an assignment, test or course on someone's behalf. Additionally, academic assistance in the form of proofreading, editing, planning, structuring, referencing and giving feedback on someone else's academic work is also not supported.
- Example 2: Rachael posted a task requesting a Tasker to proofread her assignment, a 1,000-word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been canceled, as it was a proofreading task and therefore not supported on Airtasker.
We also don’t allow tasks that request quotes for work to be done outside of Airtasker.
- Example 3: Brad posted a minimum-priced task asking for a Tasker to come to his home and give him a quote to paint his 4-bedroom house. The task was canceled by Airtasker because it was asking for a quote and not for someone to actually paint the house.
Tasks that require someone to be nude, topless or wear clothing like lingerie, swimwear and gym wear are not supported.
- Example 4: Joanne posted a task looking for a Tasker to model for a bikini photoshoot. The task was canceled as the Tasker would be required to wear a bikini.
Tasks that involve investigating or gathering information on an individual or business without their knowledge and consent are not supported. Debt collection tasks are also not supported.
7. No advertising
We support businesses outsourcing tasks on Airtasker to help their business grow, however, Airtasker is not a platform for business advertisements, nor a job board for permanent job ads. Airtasker is also not a platform for any requests to be employed.
- Example 1: Joey posted a task asking for a part-time or full-time job as a builder. The task was removed by Airtasker as job requests are not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
- Example 2: Amanda owns a driving school and posted a task looking for full-time driving instructors, with an hourly rate. Amanda’s task was removed as it was considered a business advertisement and therefore not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
8. No alcohol-related Tasks
Alcohol-related tasks regarding the supply or sale of alcohol are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. The sale of alcohol includes any of the following:
- Barter or exchange
- Offer, agree or attempt to sell
- Expose, send, forward or deliver for sale
- Cause or permit to be sold or offered for sale.
The supply of alcohol includes disposal of or delivery.
For further clarification, please see the examples of prohibited tasks below.
- Example 1: Stephen posted a task for someone to buy and deliver beer from a liquor store. The task was removed because it requested a Tasker to buy and supply alcohol to a Poster, which is not supported.
- Example 2: After a long day at work, Carly posts a task for someone to bring her a bottle of wine. She says she would be happy to purchase a bottle that a Tasker already has at their home. Carly’s task is not supported so was removed by Airtasker because it requested the sale and supply of alcohol.
9. Tasks for ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ are prohibited in the U.S.
Tasks for ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ are prohibited in the U.S. Tasks which involve transporting one or more passengers on a motor vehicle journey, in the U.S. are prohibited on Airtasker. ‘Commercial Passenger Vehicle Services’ includes the carriage, for a fare or other consideration, of one or more passengers in a motor vehicle on a journey.
You can read our Community Guidelines for more information.