The Airtasker marketplace helps you get more done. To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
A. Tasks must be legal
To ensure a safe and secure experience for all our members, all tasks posted must be legal. Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts are strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated on Airtasker and will be removed.
B. Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of Airtasker.
C. No escort or adult services
Escort, adult services and massage tasks are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. This includes tasks or comments which are obscene or sexually explicit in nature. Whilst we are pushing boundaries and helping to reimagine the future of employment, we draw the line here.
D. Clear scope, time and budget required
To help get your tasks completed, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget.
- Scope: The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need done. Adding as much information as possible helps the Tasker understand expectations.
- Time: Does the task need to be completed on a specific day or can it be flexible with the Tasker? If specific, mention in task description.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. Airtasker does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated, if found to be.
These help Taskers to know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task. It will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
E. Task based posts
The Airtasker marketplace is a task based platform that encourages you to outsource all the weird and quirky things you might need done on any given day. However, there are a few types of tasks that are not supported to maintain the integrity and safety of the platform.
Tasks that are deceitful in nature are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting fake business reviews, social media likes and followers.
- Example 1: Sasha posted a task asking Taskers to leave 5 star reviews on her company's website and Facebook page. Sasha's task was immediately cancelled from Airtasker and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
Academic activities and assignment based tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to completing an assignment, test or course on someones behalf. Additionally, academic assistance in the form of proofreading, editing, planning, structuring, referencing and giving feedback on someone else's academic work is also not supported.
- Example 2: Rachael posted a task requesting an Tasker to proofread her assignment which was a 1,000 word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been cancelled, as it was a proofreading task and therefore not supported on Airtasker.
Asking for someone to inspect your task and give you a quote is not allowed. Scoping of a task should happen in the comments section of a task prior to the task being assigned.
- Example 3: Brad posted a minimum budget task asking for a Tasker to come to his home and give him a quote to paint his 4 bedroom house. The task was cancelled by Airtasker because it was asking for a quote and not for someone to actually paint the house.
Tasks that require someone to be nude, topless or wear clothing like lingerie, swimwear and gym wear are not supported.
- Example 4: Joanne posted a task looking for a Tasker to model for a bikini photoshoot. The task was cancelled as the Tasker would be required to wear a bikini.
Tasks that involve investigating or gathering information on an individual or business without their knowledge and consent are not supported. Debt collection tasks are also not supported.
Tasks that ask for someone to withdraw cash, buy gift cards, vouchers for the Poster or to send money to the Poster via methods like direct bank transfers or PayPal are not supported.
F. No advertising
We support businesses outsourcing tasks on Airtasker to help their business grow, however Airtasker is not a platform for business advertisements, nor a job board for permanent job ads. Airtasker is also not a platform for any requests to be employed.
- Example 1: Joey posted a task asking for a part-time or full-time job as a builder. The task was removed by Airtasker as job requests are not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
- Example 2: Amanda owns a driving school and posted a task looking for full-time driving instructors, with an hourly rate. Amanda’s task was removed as it was considered a business advertisement therefore not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
G: No alcohol related Tasks
Alcohol related tasks regarding the supply or sale of alcohol are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. The sale of alcohol includes any of the following:
- Barter or exchange
- Offer, agree or attempt to sell
- Expose, send, forward or deliver for sale
- Cause or permit to be sold or offered for sale.
The supply of alcohol includes to dispose of or deliver.
For further clarification, please see the examples of prohibited tasks below.
- Example 1: Stephen posted a task for someone to buy and deliver beer from a liquor store. The task was removed because it requested a Tasker to buy and supply alcohol to a Poster, which is not supported.
- Example 2: After a long day at work, Carly posts a task for someone to bring her a bottle of wine. She says she would be happy to purchase a bottle that a Tasker already has at their home. Carly’s task is not supported so was removed by Airtasker because it requested the sale and supply of alcohol.