Airtasker’s dispute process Stage 3 - Mediation with Airtasker Support
What do I need to do?
- You and the Tasker will have 3 opportunities to suggest a payment amount you think is fair.
- You and the Tasker need to agree on this amount.
- Please make sure to ask questions and try to understand where the other person is coming from.
What will happen?
- Airtasker will be acting as an impartial facilitator of your offers through email.
- Both you and the Tasker need to agree on the payment amount for the payment to be released. The payment will be held securely until you’ve agreed.
Tips for success
- Try to have a flexible approach – it’s important to reach a resolution. While you might not get exactly what you want, consider what outcome you can live with.
- Respond promptly to emails and offers to help the situation get resolved faster.
- Mediation is about negotiation. Try to put yourself in the Tasker's shoes and understand their perspective.
- We understand that disputes can be stressful. However, respectful behaviour is really important during the dispute process. Following Airtasker’s Community Guidelines is also essential for the dispute process to continue.
How long will this take?
- This should last no longer than 7 days
If this doesn’t work, what happens next?
- If you and the Tasker haven’t agreed after 3 offers or 7 days (whichever comes first), Airtasker will then make a recommendation.
Have more questions? Submit a request