We understand that sometimes tasks can get complicated. While rare, disputes on Airtasker can happen. Disputes generally happen when Posters and Taskers miscommunicate or tasks don't go to plan.
Airtasker provides a free dispute service for Posters and Taskers. This dispute process can help you negotiate and come to an agreement. The process has 4 stages;
Step 1 - Reach out to the Tasker
- Before we can help, you’ll need to try and resolve your differences with the Tasker directly.
- Read tips on how to come to an agreement here.
- If you’re not able to agree after 48 hours, please let us know here.
Step 2 - Let Airtasker know what’s happened
- If you can’t come to an agreement with the Tasker, we can help you communicate with them.
- You’ll need to fill out a form and give us all the details on what’s happened.
Step 3 - Mediation with Airtasker Support
- You and the Tasker will share your own thoughts on the task and hear where the other person is coming from.
- You will then have 3 opportunities to suggest new payment amounts.
- We will act as an impartial facilitator of your offers.
- An agreement has to be reached for payment to be released.
Step 4 - Airtasker's recommendation
- If you can’t agree with the Tasker after the mediation process has finished, we will make a decision.
- The decision will be impartial and based on the details you’ve shared.
- A detailed reasoning for the decision will be provided.
- If you don’t agree with the recommendation, you can take the matter to your local court of tribunal at your own cost.
We fully understand that being in a dispute can be a stressful experience. That’s why we’re here to help you and the Tasker to negotiate your own resolution as much as possible.