It’s important that all of our community members are kept well-informed about possible fraudulent activity on our platform. When you’re making offers on tasks, we advise you to keep an eye out for suspicious behaviour and report it to us to investigate further. You can make a report by either flagging a comment or a task.
Here are some examples of potentially suspicious activity to report:
- An oddly high value for the task (e.g. $150 to visit a shop)
- Delivery tasks, especially when Taskers are required to use their own money for a purchase
- Sense of urgency (e.g "I need this done NOW"). Fraudulent members want the transaction completed as quickly as possible before we have a chance to investigate
- Posts at odd times of the night (e.g. a delivery task at 4 am)
- Collection of purchased goods (e.g. Pick up a new laptop from a retailer and deliver elsewhere)
- Forwarding mail or packages (e.g. Picking up a package and forwarding on through a delivery service)
- Requests that you use your own account on another online marketplace to sell goods
If something seems off, please do not hesitate to ask the Customer for more information prior to commencing the task. We welcome all reports of unusual tasks, please contact us at any time and our specialist team will investigate. This will help in making Airtasker safer for all our members, and ensure cybercriminals aren’t able to use our platform to commit fraud. Please refer to our Community Guidelines for more information.