The Airtasker marketplace helps you get more done. To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
A. Tasks must be legal
To ensure a safe and secure experience for all our members, all tasks posted must be legal. Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts are strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated on Airtasker and will be removed.
B. Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of Airtasker.
c. No escort or adult services
Escort, adult services and massage tasks are strictly prohibited on Airtasker. This includes tasks or comments which are obscene or sexually explicit in nature. Whilst we are pushing boundaries and helping to reimagine the future of employment, we draw the line here.
D. Clear scope, time and budget required
To help get your tasks completed, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget.
- Scope: The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need done. Adding as much information as possible helps the Tasker understand expectations.
- Time: Does the task need to be completed on a specific day or can it be flexible with the Airtasker Worker? If specific, mention in task description.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. Airtasker does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated, if found to be.
These helpTaskers to know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task. It will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
E. Task based posts
The Airtasker marketplace is a task based platform that encourages you to outsource all the weird and quirky things you might need done on any given day. However, there are a few types of tasks that are not supported to maintain the integrity of the platform.
Tasks that are deceitful in nature are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting fake business reviews, social media likes and follows.
- Example 1: Sasha posted a task asking Taskers to leave 5 star reviews on her company's website and Facebook page. Sasha's task was immediately cancelled from Airtasker and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
Academic activities and assignment based tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to completing an assignment, test or course on someones behalf. Additionally, academic assistance in the form of proofreading, editing, planning, structuring, referencing and giving feedback on someone else's academic work is also not supported.
- Example 2: Rachael posted a task requesting a Tasker to proofread her assignment which was a 1,000 word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been cancelled, as it was a proofreading task and therefore not supported on Airtasker.
We also don’t allow tasks that request quotes for work to be done outside of Airtasker.
- Example 3: Brad posted a £10 task asking for a Tasker to come to his home and give him a quote to paint his 4 bedroom house. The task was cancelled because it was asking for a quote and not for someone to actually paint the house.
F. No advertising
We support businesses outsourcing tasks on Airtasker to help their business grow, however Airtasker is not a platform for business advertisements, nor a job board for permanent job ads. Airtasker is also not a platform for any requests to be employed.
- Example 1: Joey posted a task asking for a part-time or full-time job as a builder. The task was removed by Airtasker as job requests are not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.
- Example 2: Amanda owns a driving school and posted a task looking for full-time driving instructors, starting from £40 per hour. Amanda’s task was removed as it was considered a business advertisement therefore not supported in the Airtasker marketplace.