Disputes generally occur when there is miscommunication between Posters and Taskers or when tasks don't go as planned. Airtasker provides a free dispute service which can help both parties with negotiations and a potential resolution.
For a task to be considered for Airtasker’s dispute process, please make sure:
✔ Work on the task has already started
✔ Airtasker's Community Guidelines have not been breached.
✔ The other party is made aware of the dispute and both have actively tried to reach an agreement. For tips on how to negotiate an agreement, see our Guide here.
If the above terms have been met, the task is eligible for dispute assistance from our support team. Please see a description of the process below:
Stage 1 - Let us know what happened
- We'll provide both parties with a form where you provide details of the issue.
Stage 2 - Details are reviewed
- Airtasker will review the task and members' responses.
- We will act as an impartial evaluator of your claims and offers.
Stage 3 - Airtasker makes a decision
- The decision will be based on the details and evidence that you’ve shared.
- Detailed reasoning for the decision will be provided.
- If you don’t agree with the recommendation, you can take the matter to your local court or tribunal at your own cost.
To make the process as effective as possible, the following tips might be helpful:
- Know your options for resolution, and what to expect if you’re in a dispute.
- Try to resolve the situation as best you can with the other member.
- Consider the other person’s point of view.
- Expect a favourable decision without evidence.
- Contact Airtasker Support without trying to resolve the situation with the other person directly first.
- Breach the Community Guidelines during the dispute process.