Before requesting a cancellation, consider the following important points:
- No secure payment or access to Airtasker Support: Only tasks completed through the platform can benefit from secure payments or the expert help of the Support team.
- Airtasker Insurance will not be valid: Only tasks completed through the platform are eligible for insurance.
- Cancellation fees:
- As a Customer, you pay for the connection service when you accept a Tasker’s offer. This is because our platform has found you the best person to help get your task done. In the event that your task is cancelled by your Tasker, you will be returned the full payment value in Airtasker credits. If you are responsible for cancelling the task, the connection fee will be deducted from our payment return to you.
- As a Tasker, you pay nothing at the time of having your offer accepted. If you are responsible for cancelling a task after it has been accepted, we will deduct the value of the Connection fee paid by the Customer from your next payout.
- The impact on your reputation as a reliable Airtasker member: Cancelling can negatively affect your completion rate, making it harder for you to get quality offers or be assigned to tasks.
- Limitation or deactivation of your Airtasker profile: Repeatedly cancelling tasks can result in your Airtasker account being limited or deactivated. See more details here.