There might be instances that things won't go as planned on your task, and cancellation could be the only solution. To help you in these situations, we have collated some common issues you might have experienced, and suggestions of what you should do before requesting a cancellation.
Communication plays an important role in having a great task experience. Both parties are expected to communicate often and well so everything will run smoothly. Some common scenarios that lead to task cancellations are below and clicking the link takes you to what you can do in those situations.
- Tasker is not responding to messages or a delay in response
- Conflict of schedule between you and the tasker
- You found someone else outside Airtasker to complete the task
- You don’t need the task done anymore
- Tasker did not show up
- Tasker is asking for more than the assigned task price
- Tasker doesn’t have the skills/tools/materials needed to complete the task
- Misunderstanding/Misalignment of the scope of the task
- Uncontrollable situations such as emergencies, weather conditions etc.
The quality of work is not satisfactory
Sometimes, the task outcome may not meet your standards. It can be a result of poor communication, not setting expectations or it could also be that the Tasker is not qualified to perform the task.
If the Tasker has partially completed the task or completed the task in full but failed to meet your expectations, they may be entitled to partial payment in recognition of their time and effort. For more information, see our article here.
Your Safety is important to us
We know how important it is for you to feel safe when completing your task so if you find yourself in a situation where the other user is behaving inappropriately or you feel uncomfortable continuing with a task, you should let us know immediately. Your concerns will be taken seriously and our Member Safety team is here to help. For more information, click here.
If you still wish to cancel the task, you may visit this link for the step-by-step guide on how to submit the cancellation request.