Cancelled tasks will impact your completion rate in cases where the cancellation has been attributed to you. However, if you are not the cause of the cancellation, it won't affect your completion rate. This is why it is a requirement to always enter the correct reason and leave a comment.
Before requesting a cancellation, consider the following points that can affect your profile:
- The impact on your reputation as a reliable user: Cancelling can negatively affect your completion rate, making it harder for you to be assigned to tasks.
- Limitation or deactivation of your profile: Repeatedly cancelling tasks can result in your Airtasker account being limited or deactivated. See more details here.
- For the Australia region: The impact on your Tasker tier as the completion rating score will take into account each task cancellation.
In addition to the impact on your profile as a Tasker, you should also consider the following:
- Fees for processing cancellation: As a Tasker, you pay nothing at the time of having your offer accepted. If you are responsible for cancelling a task after it has been accepted, we will deduct the value of the Connection fee paid by the Customer from your next payout.
- No secure payment or access to Airtasker Support: Only tasks completed through the platform can benefit from secure payments or the expert help of the Support team.
- Airtasker Insurance will not be valid: Only tasks completed through the platform are eligible for insurance.