After creating your listing, we will review it within 24 hours to ensure it complies with our listing guidelines. It will then go live on the Airtasker website and iPhone app (coming soon on Android!) for customers to browse, search and request to book. Customers can discover your listing via the home page and listing search results.
Airtasker has a system that ranks the best listings first on the Airtasker homepage and in search results. It considers many factors to determine how to order your listing, but some factors have a larger impact than others. In particular:
- Relevance: how relevant your listing is to what a customer is searching for. We look at your listing's title, description, packages, category and search tags that you input when you create your listing to determine whether your listing is a good match for what a customer searches for.
- Quality: We look at quality indicators like your listing's images, description and number & quality of packages. See more information on how to create a quality listing that customers will love.
- Responsiveness: how responsive you are to booking requests and enquiries. We prioritize listings from Taskers that respond consistently and quickly to customers.
Responsiveness is one of the most critical factors in your listing's ranking. The faster you respond to new booking requests, the higher your listing will rank and the more likely you are to be booked.
To improve your responsiveness, reply as soon as you can within 24 hours of receiving a new enquiry or booking request. You can reply by:
- Making an offer
- Asking a question in the ‘Questions’ section
- Politely declining the request
Importantly, you should still respond to the customer even when you can’t do the job. For example, if you’re unavailable on the date, if the customer is too far away or if you don’t have the right skills or equipment. This will protect your listing’s ranking and ensure you continue to receive booking requests in the future!
It is important that customers get a speedy initial response when they request to book your listing. That's why your responsiveness is primarily about the first time you respond to a new booking request, not every follow-up message the customer may send you afterwards. That said, we strongly encourage you to treat any follow-up messages with the same degree of customer service so that you can close the customer and secure the job! If for some reason the customer doesn't get back to you after you asked them a question or made an offer, we certainly will not penalize you and your listing - that's on the customer, not on you!
Pausing your listing
Another very easy way to maintain your listing’s ranking is to use our Pause feature.
If you get booked up, if you’re going on holiday, or if you just want to take a break, head to the List My Services page and pause your listing to stop receiving booking requests. While your listing is paused, it will be hidden from customers' search results and you won't receive any booking requests. You can unpause your listing at any time to start receiving booking requests again.