When you create your listing, you will be asked to set a location.
In order to be featured on the homepage for your town or region, attract customers near you and avoid receiving booking requests from areas that you don’t serve, it is important that you have an accurate location for your listing.
You will be given two options:
You should select this option if you need to be present to carry out the task. This option is right for all services delivered face-to-face.
Examples of in-person services include:
If you select in-person, you will also be asked to set a service radius. This is the distance you are willing to travel to deliver your service and is set to 30km by default.
You should select this option if you can carry out the entire task digitally, without being in the same location as the customer.
Examples of online services include:
- Tax returns
- Photo editing
- Digital marketing
- Online tutoring
- Resume and cover letter writing
You can change your location at any time by following the simple steps below:
- Log into Airtasker and head to the ‘List My Services’ page.
- Hit ‘edit’ followed by the green ‘Next’ button until you land on the ‘Location’ page.
- Enter your location and service radius.
- Be sure to hit ‘Publish listing’ to save changes.
Here are some other helpful tips and tricks to help you manage your listing location:
- Avoid setting your listing to ‘Online’ unless your entire service can be delivered digitally.
- Make sure you keep your listing location up to date if you move.
- If you offer services in more than one location, for example around your ‘work’ location in North Sydney and around your ‘home’ location in western Sydney, we recommend that you create a listing for each of these locations. You can create an unlimited number of listings, free of charge!
Please sign in to leave a comment.