This information applies within Australia ONLY.
When you create your listing, you'll be asked to set a location. This is important for a few reasons:
- It will help you be featured on the homepage for your town or region, so more people will be able to view your listing.
- It will help you attract customers near you, who are more likely to book your services.
- It will help you avoid receiving booking requests from areas that you don't serve.
You'll be given two options for your location:
This option is for services that you need to be present to carry out. Examples include:
If you select In-person, you'll also be asked to set a service radius, which is the distance you're willing to travel to deliver your service. The default service radius is 30km.
This option is for services that can be done digitally. Examples include:
- Tax returns
- Photo editing
- Digital marketing
- Online tutoring
- Resume and cover letter writing
You can change your location at any time by following these steps:
- Log into Airtasker and go to the "List My Services" page.
- Click "Edit" and then click the green "Next" button until you reach the Location page.
- Enter your new location and service radius.
- Click "Publish listing" to save your changes.
Here are a few other helpful tips for managing your listing location:
- Don't set your listing to Online unless your entire service can be delivered digitally.
- Make sure you keep your listing location up to date if you move.
- If you offer services in more than one location, we recommend that you create a listing for each of these locations. You can create an unlimited number of listings, free of charge!