All payments in Airtasker go through our secure escrow payment system called Airtasker Pay.
Here's how a payment gets to a Tasker:
- A Customer assigns you to their task.
- The payment is taken from their card and held in escrow in our system.
- You complete the task.
- You click the Request payment button.
- The Customer clicks release payment from their side.
- The payment starts its journey to you, arriving in your nominated account in 3-5 business days.
Important note: Customers can only release payment when you clicked the Request payment button. Please make sure you do this every time you finish a task!
If the Customer hasn't released payment after 48 hours from the time you clicked the request payment button, Airtasker has a process that can help. Head to this article for more information.