Taskers with the Bushfire Recovery Badge are people who chose to lend their skills and time to assist those affected by the recent bushfire in the region. This badge helps Posters recognise Taskers who can respond appropriately to their task.
If you have this badge you will be able to make deals on bushfire related tasks. However, it comes with additional responsibilities. Below are some reminders before registering for a Bushfire Recovery Badge:
- Travelling to and completing tasks in bushfire affected areas is at your own risk
- Exercise caution when attending to fire-damaged sites and be aware of any property hazards
- Always check if you can access an area before attending a task.
- Monitor weather and fire conditions closely as they may be fast-moving and unpredictable and warnings can change quickly
It's also important for Posters and Taskers to take steps to ensure their personal safety. We advise that you check and listen to your local emergency services.For more information about the Airtasker Bushfire recovery efforts, make sure to click here.
See links below for more safety tips:
When getting your bushfire-related tasks done.
- Ensure that you and your Tasker do not put yourselves or other individuals in danger.
- Ensure that you provide Taskers with a safe working environment.
- Engage Taskers who have the appropriate skills and qualifications to do your tasks. We encourage you to look for theBushfire Recovery Badge.
- If you suspect any inappropriate content, posted task and/ or offer, please make sureyou report it to us
- NSWNew South Wales Fires Near MeEvacuation centres openLive Traffic for road closures- NSW Bush Fire Information Line - 1800 679 737
- VICVictoria Incidents and warnings- The VIC; Emergency hotline – 1800 226 226
- QLDQueensland Alerts
- SASouth Australia AlertsS- SA Bushfire Information Hotline – 1800 362 361
Exercise caution when attending fire damaged sites. For get current updates make sure to check links to your local county:
- NSW NSW Government Property hazards fact sheet
- VICVICGovernment Clean up after a bushfire
- QLD QLD Government Returning home after a bushfire
- SA SA Government Safety - After a bushfire
- For immediate help or life-threatening situations: Call 000
- For help with damage: Call the State Emergency Service on 132 500
- For mental health enquiries or people in crisis: Call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- For insurance claims: Call the Insurance Council of Australia on 1800 734 621 for general enquiries
We reserve the right to revoke a badge if a Tasker has breached our Community Guidelines.