Bookings are a new type of task mostly known to Taskers as “Instant Claim” task.
When you make a booking, all you have to do is fill out a specialised form and wait until a Tasker claims it. You are saved from having to answer comments from a handful of Taskers vying for your task. It's easier that ever to get tasks done!
This article has lots of great information to help you understand the booking feature. Here you'll find:
- Why did Airtasker develop bookings?
- What is the difference between a booking and a normal posted task?
Why did Airtasker develop bookings?
Designed to have all the details arranged, set and paid for upfront, bookings help Taskers know exactly what to do before they arrive at your door.
This means less thinking is needed on your part - without anything to manage, you can just set it and forget until the day arrives!
When you use the form to enter your details, we’ll use this info to arrive at a fair price for the task based on industry rates, data from our marketplace and advice from Taskers we spoke to.
Only selected Taskers with proven ability, great reviews and reputations, and low cancellation rates can then review and complete your task.
Once a Tasker claims the task, it works like any other on Airtasker - you and the Tasker can private message each other, increase the price (should anything additional be added to the scope) and release payment.
What is the difference between a booking and a normal posted task?
To be honest, they’re very similar – but they do have a few key differences. Bookings have the following features:
- Set task details – Once you’ve added what you need done, if there’s something else to do you’ll need to increase the price.
- Set price – Our form will calculate a fair, non-negotiable price for what's required based on industry averages and marketplace data.
- One-stop – Once you create your booking, we’ll send it out to a variety of top-quality Taskers with proven ability, high completion rates and review scores. One of these Taskers will then claim the booking if they’re available to do it.
- Book first, talk later – Bookings have no comments before a Tasker claims the task, freeing up time to do other things! After it's claimed, you're free to private message the other party and sort out anything that’s left over.
- Just removals? – Not anymore! We used to only have it for removals but now you can take advantage of Instant Claims for Once-off and Subscription cleaning too.
Once a Tasker claims your booking, it moves from the Bookings tab to sit inside All Tasks. Then it works like any other regular task.