We’re committed to ensuring the highest level of fairness for all members within the Airtasker community. A good offer must be in line with our Community Guidelines and should be a fair amount for a Tasker to complete a task.
As a Tasker, your offer must be the full amount you expect to receive to complete the entire task. Offers to start, or complete only part of a task are not supported. This includes offers that are hourly, unit or quote based.
If you make an offer that is unusually low compared to the Poster’s suggested budget, a message will pop up reminding you that it can’t be submitted until a fair amount is suggested. If you’re interested in being considered for the task, you will need to adjust your offer price to reflect a fair amount for the work required to complete the entire task.
Although offers must be for the entire amount, we do allow very specific exceptions. These are:
- Tip fees: the cost of disposing items legally at a designated waste station.
- Materials: the cost of buying material to complete the task, where the Poster keeps the material and end product after the task is complete, e.g. wood for building a shelf, fabric for making a costume.
- Items bought on a Poster’s behalf: the cost of buying items that the Poster keeps after the task is complete e.g. groceries and shopping.
If you will incur any additional costs during your task, please notify the Poster before you incur them. After you and the Poster have agreed that these costs are reasonable, a Poster can reimburse you directly for these costs, after seeing a copy of the receipt/s.
You may NOT exclude travel costs (like petrol or transport tickets) or equipment costs (where you keep the item after the task).
Please be transparent about your offer from the start, as this helps build trust and creates better experience for all members. When you make an offer, be detailed in your comment about why you have offered that amount.
Things to ask yourself when deciding on what price to offer:
- How far away is the task? Will I need to offer a higher price to cover my travel costs?
- Does my offer reflect the total amount I’m happy to receive for completing the task?
- Will I incur any costs on behalf of the Poster that will need direct reimbursement? Are any of my costs exceptions?
To know more about making offers, make sure to visit this helpful article.