Most tasks on Airtasker are completed without any complications, but sometimes getting tasks done isn’t simple. There are times when working with Taskers becomes more complex than expected. Disagreements can happen and go on to become disputes when Posters and Taskers expect different results on a task or if something doesn't go to plan.
If you’re having trouble with your Tasker, please try following the below tips. Airtasker has a free dispute service, but it’s best to try and resolve your differences first before we can assist you.
A breakdown of communication between Taskers and Job Posters is often the main cause of disputes. To avoid this happening; try to go above and beyond when messaging or talking to your Tasker. Be as clear as you possibly can and always be respectful.
- Be clear in your communication (don’t be afraid to double check starting date/time).
- Be aware of your tone over messages (they can come across as harsher than intended otherwise).
- Try to reply as quickly as you can to your Tasker’s messages once you’ve assigned them to your task.
- Be upfront with feedback – if you’re not happy with how the task is going, let them know as soon as you can. Don’t wait until they think they’ve finished before raising your concerns.
- If the communication is becoming heated, please reach out to Airtasker Support if you’re unsure what to do next.
- Keep communicating through Airtasker’s private messages as much as possible – that way we’ll have a record to be in the best possible position to assist you.
- If something’s going wrong, genuine apologies really help to ease any tension and help you move forward.
- Don’t be rude or disrespectful in your messaging. Inappropriate language is moderated, your account could be limited and it will never help the situation (it only makes it worse).
We understand that you want to pay for tasks that are completed to your needs. Taskers also want to be paid for the time and effort they’ve spent on the task. One benefit of using Airtasker is that the task payment is held securely in Airtasker Pay. Payment is held until you’re satisfied the task is completed, and you have the power of releasing payment.
If something doesn’t go to plan, you and the Tasker can then agree on a new task price. Airtasker will help in adjusting the payment to your new agreed price.
- Use Airtasker Pay as a safe and secure way of payment.
- Be respectful of the time, effort and expenses a Tasker has spent doing tasks. Nobody wants to work for free and Airtasker supports Taskers getting paid fairly for the time and effort they have put into tasks.
- Make sure that you release payment once you're satisfied the task has been completed to your requirements.
- Don’t pay for tasks outside of Airtasker Pay (e.g. cash or direct deposit). Airtasker won’t be able to help you if something goes wrong.
- If the Tasker is asking for payment for their time and effort on the task, please don’t ignore their request. If you don’t want to release the full payment because the task wasn’t completed, let them know why. If you get stuck, contact Airtasker Support.
- Don’t release the full payment from Airtasker if you’re not happy with the task. Once you’ve released payment, we can’t help you recover it.
If you’re not happy with the work
We understand that sometimes Taskers aren’t able to complete the task to the level of your expectations. If the Tasker has already spent time and effort on the task and you’re not satisfied with the outcome, let them know why. If you can, please give them another opportunity to do the task so that you can have the situation resolved as soon as possible.
- Check your task description - did you write what you needed done clearly? Has the Tasker done what you described?
- Provide feedback to the Tasker. Let them know why the work hasn't met your needs.
- Be prepared to pay some amount if the task has started. If the Tasker has spent time and effort on the task, they will probably expect payment.
- If you don't feel the full task payment is fair, propose a partial payment amount instead. You can use how much of the task that was completed as a guide.
- If payment has been released, please leave an honest review about your experience.
- Don’t stress if you can’t resolve the situation directly with the Tasker. Airtasker has a free dispute service to help assist you if you can't come to an agreement. Read more about Airtasker’s dispute process here.
- Don’t communicate in a disrespectful way. If the communication becomes heated and you feel uncomfortable, please contact Airtasker Support.
We understand that getting into disagreements with your Tasker can be stressful. We hope these tips will help you come to an agreement quickly and easily. And just as a friendly reminder, please know that if a task has already started, an agreement has to be reached for the payment to be released.
If you don’t feel comfortable talking directly with the Tasker (because of a trust and / or safety concern), please let us know here with screenshots of your communication.
If you’ve already tried these tips and still haven’t come to a resolution within 48 hours, please read through Airtasker’s dispute process here.