If a Tasker is liable for injury to or damage to a Customer’s property as a result of performing activities not otherwise excluded, Airtasker Insurance can help to cover the Tasker’s liability (terms and conditions apply).
Here's what you need to do:
- Initiate communication: Start by speaking with the Tasker to discuss the matter and attempt to find a solution.
- Contact Airtasker support: If a resolution cannot be reached, please contact our support team for help in submitting an incident claim form.
- Lodgement of claim: Customers are required to fill out an incident notification form, providing their perspective on the events. Alongside this, customers should submit photographs, formal quotes, and receipts as evidence for their claim. Additional documentation, such as proof of ownership or purchase, may also be needed.
Airtasker will also assist by reaching out to the Tasker to request them to complete an insurance claim form.
What happens after you fill out the Insurance claim form?
- Claims Assessment: The completed claim form and incident details will be forwarded to the insurer’s claims assessor.
- Information gathering: It’s important to note that the Claims assessor may collect information from all parties involved to determine the Tasker’s liability and assess the value of the alleged claim.
- Denial possibility: As is customary in insurance processes, a claim may be denied if there isn’t sufficient evidence to support it (terms and conditions apply). It’s advisable to retain evidence of the incident and the contact details of any witnesses.
- Alternative recovery: If the insurer denies the claim in accordance with policy conditions, the Customer still has the option to seek compensation directly from the Tasker (an independent contractor).