We’re passionate about connecting people ready to work with people who need work done. We help to facilitate a reliable and safe environment as trust is crucial to our community.
To maintain our marketplace integrity it’s important that our members are well informed about possible fraudulent activity on our platform. Our Customer Support and Payments Team do their best to remove members from the platform that conduct themselves in a fraudulent manner, and contact any other member affected as soon as possible. However it’s also important that all of our community members keep an eye out and report any suspicious activity to keep Airtasker safe for all.
Here are examples of suspicious activity to report on:
- An oddly high value for the task (e.g. $150 to visit a shop).
- Delivery tasks, especially when Airtasker Workers are required to use their own money to purchase something, which will be reimbursed in the payment for the task.
- Sense of urgency (e.g "I need this done NOW"). Fraudulent members want the transaction completed as quickly as possible, before we have a chance to investigate.
- Posts at odd times of the night e.g. a delivery task at 4 in the morning.
- Collection of purchased goods e.g. Pick up a new laptop from a retailer and deliver elsewhere.
- Forwarding mail/packages e.g. Picking up a package and forwarding on through a delivery service. Requests that you use your own account on another online marketplace to sell goods which the Job Poster will deliver to you.
If you feel that the task seems unusual, and the Job Poster has not provided sufficient verification, please do not hesitate to ask the Job Poster for more verification prior to commencing the task and also let Customer Support know via email@example.com. This will help to make Airtasker safer for all our members, and ensure that cyber criminals aren’t able to use our platform to commit fraud.