The Community Standards Enforcement Team (CSE Team) is dedicated to ensuring our Airtasker platform is reliable for everyone.
Taskers who repetitively provide poor experiences cause stress and anxiety for customers and impact their confidence in the Airtasker community. It also affects the reputation of other taskers. Not showing up to complete a task or not responding to messages is unacceptable. The CSE Team has developed an effective system to identify Taskers who aren’t complying with our Community Guidelines and ensure our platform is safe and reliable.
How does the CSE Team monitor reliability?
The CSE Team has rolled out a strong reliability system to spot rule breakers:
- We monitor the platform 24/7 with an algorithm that identifies profiles with unusual numbers of cancellations.
- When a potentially unreliable account is spotted, we investigate the case individually by analysing the behaviours of both the Tasker and the customer.
- If the cancellations are due to the Tasker not showing up, not responding, or pulling out last minute, we apply measures ranging from warnings to permanent account restrictions.
NOTE: Our penalties apply to the user who is at fault for the cancellation, rather than the user who requested the cancellation.
What happens when an account is restricted permanently?
If a Tasker’s account is restricted permanently, they will no longer be able to make new offers or comments, post tasks or be assigned new tasks. However, they are still able to complete the open tasks already assigned to them.
How to avoid cancellations if you’re a Tasker?
Before you make an offer:
- Read the task description thoroughly - Make sure you understand what the customer is after and confirm you have the skills and equipment necessary to complete the task.
- Check your schedule - Look at your calendar to check your availability. If you have another task booked on that day, allow enough time between them to prevent any delays.
- Ask questions - Don’t hesitate to ask questions and clarify further details directly with the Poster via the public comments section on the task page.
The CSE Team will be introducing a new range of features over the coming months to improve the reliability of our whole community.
Explore more tips in our Tasker Principles and see how providing a top-notch experience can lead to more earnings.
Please sign in to leave a comment.